Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. Our research and support for domestic and international health programs enable policymakers, medical professionals, communities, and citizens to improve public health. Please join our dedicated staff in an environment that values diversity and supports health, wellbeing, and professional growth.
We are currently seeking a SAS programmer who will provide both data management and programming support for federally-funded clinical research and epidemiological studies funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. The goal of these studies is to investigate the impact of the environment on human health and well-being. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes other data managers and SAS programmers, epidemiologists, and operations staff. You will play a critical role in the management of data for these studies by developing programs that support the full lifecycle of a study. You will develop programs to build study datasets and monitor the quality of the data collected as well as to generate reports to inform the progress of the studies and to summarize the study data from a scientific and operational perspective. Ultimately, you will develop the final analysis datasets and assist with the statistical programming that results in publications in scientific journals. This position offers many opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration across disciplines.
• Writing, testing, and revising SAS programs
• Creating and interpreting reports for internal and external study monitoring purposes
• Constructing code books and format files
• Creating analytical datasets
• Fulfilling data requests for internal and external clients
• Contributing to the development and implementation of data management plans
• Testing and validating data collection procedures and systems
• Ensuring quality by following established standards and procedures
• Supervising work and mentoring of junior staff as needed
• Complying with federal regulations, client guidelines, corporate SOPs, and project work instructions related to data management
B.S. or M.S degree in computer sciences, health sciences, or a related and/or relevant field. The candidate must have at least 5 years or more of SAS programming and data management experience working with large-scale datasets. Expertise in STATA, R, and other statistical software is highly desirable. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytic and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail. Able to work well in team environment as well as independently.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.