Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The Data Analytics Center Director of Health Policy and Analytics (HPDA) will direct operations of a portfolio of government contracts within the HPDA Group. The Center assist clients with health data analytics, informatics, and quantitative and qualitative research areas using survey, claims, and hospital administrative data to study trends in health care spending and utilization of services; to analyze Medicare and other health programs; and to understand the epidemiology of diseases. The HPDA team also uses and/or develops software tools and IT solutions for health data analytics. The Center Director works collaboratively across the HPDA group and company to achieve business goals. Responsibilities include developing interdisciplinary methodological solutions, publishing and presenting work, and mentoring personnel.
The Data Analytics Center Director is responsible for business growth as well as managing options and overseeing client delivery and portfolio profit and lost (P&L). To support business growth, the Center Director cultivates client and partner relationships, participates in business development activities including leading proposals, and participates in producing long-range strategic plans.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to expand our Federal market (HHS and its Operating Divisions (such as CMS, ASPE, and AHRQ) and State Government clients. The selected applicant needs to be a strategic thinker, proven manager with demonstrated leadership ability. The position reports to the Group Vice President.
• Masters degree in data sciences, economics or related disciplines,
• 15 years of related experience, with 10 years project management experience.
• Previous supervisory and corporate management experience (at least five years).
• Experience in corporate oversight of projects, including project status reviews.
• Strong skills in leading and authoring proposals.
• Proven record of expanding lines of work with existing clients as well as developing new client relationships.
• Highly skilled to develop and present professional briefings and presentations to clients and senior leadership
• Result oriented with the ability to deal with ambiguity, directing and initiating efforts to deliver results with little or no directions
• Broad knowledge of the health care delivery system and/or familiarity with statistical programming applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
• Strong project management expertise and experience managing complex projects is required (at least 7 years).
• In-depth knowledge of corporate management policies and procedures and government contracting environment.
• PHD in relevant discipline.
• Experience in projects involving large datasets and data visualization.
• Preference given to applicants with knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, private payer data, and the various ongoing research efforts underway to assess innovative designs within provisions of the ACA.
• Experience working with/in any of these government entities: HHS, CMS, MedPAC, AHRQ, CDC.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.