Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The Solution Architect within SSS’s Health Technology Solutions (HTS) group will lead and oversee teams focused on custom applications using full life cycle processes for application development and maintenance projects. The Solution Architect is responsible for the overall design and solution architecture of mid-size and small-scale custom .NET applications. The Architect will lead, coordinate, facilitate, and collaborate with a broad group of business and technical resources. The Architect should be strategic thinker and team player, comfortable working at a fast pace. The right candidate will have considerable experience with enterprise mid to small size software applications and excellent knowledge of technical concepts.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a matrix-managed environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. Must have strong technical background, team management skills, be an excellent communicator, have demonstrated experience leading SDLC based custom development teams.
• Lead and mentor a team of .NET developers in the delivery and maintenance of custom applications for multiple projects.
• Lead the architecture strategy, design, and implementation of robust, scalable and secure custom application design.
• Serve as the lead for all application implementation and integration efforts for the group.
• Translate client requirements into highly technical specifications for the development team.
• Evaluate and recommend alternate solutions in key technology areas. Identify and define integration points with third party solutions, wherever applicable.
• Follows CMMI-Dev Level 3 processes and assists other development team members to ensure engineering compliance for periodic software quality assurance audits.
• Collaborate with project managers and business partners from other groups to provide a custom solution strategy and level of work effort estimates.
• Contribute to federal proposal efforts related to technical approach, solution and resource estimation.
• Work with Infrastructure team to define infrastructure requirements for custom and COTS solutions.
• Define and document best practices and contribute towards maintaining company CMMI Level 3 certification level.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Solution Architect.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Computer Science degree preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience with programming languages and technologies such as: .NET/C#, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work with internal & external clients.
• Experience working in Agile development environments and use of associated tools like TFS, JIRA, etc.
• Experience working with Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous deployment (CD) tools. (Example: Jenkins, TFS)
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with SOA, RESTful services, SQL Server
• Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
• Experience working in Azure public cloud or Azure Government Cloud Computing (GCC).
• Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations and enterprise design patterns.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Knowledge and experience working in FISMA-Moderate environments with US Federal, State and Local government customers.
• Worked in a matrixed environment.
• Experience working in Health Care domain.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.