Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The MS SQL Database Developer within SSS’s Health Technology Solutions will develop Data Integration and Database Solutions primarily using Microsoft SQL Server 2016 toolset. Candidate will work extensively on large scale datasets to implement T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS and ETL packages, which will enable customers to make research and policy decisions in the State and Federal Market. Candidate will implement database solutions to include complex SQL programming, stored procedures and SSIS packages, SSRS report development, taking design directions from the Systems Architect.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a highly collaborative environment while managing multiple competing assignments. The candidate must have strong database and technical background and a willingness to follow defined processes.
• Design, develop, and test procedures for loading data into MS SQL.
• Design, develop, and test procedures for retrieving data, applying data handling rules, calculating new measures, and preparing data for consumption by a web API.
• Conduct and record impact assessments of proposed modifications to database procdeures.
• Create unit tests to verify functionality of database logic.
• Conduct peer reviews of database functionality created by other developers.
• Effectively use TFS to track activities and effort.
• Effectively use TFS Git to trace activities to work products.
• Effectively communicate status and issues during regular standup meetings.
• Participate in planning meetings to determine activities and levels of effort for future work.
• Participate in meetings with data subject matter experts to elicit requirements for future work.
• Participate in retrospective meetings to discuss lessons learned and best practices for future releases.
• Strong knowledge of ETL relational reporting tools.
• Demonstrated understanding of complex SQL, stored procedures, and database functions.
• Knowledge in measuring, analyzing and tuning the performance of database applications.
• Strong experience monitoring and tuning queries and data loads.
• Working knowledge of iterative SDLC activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with 10+ years of related experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET development (Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#) is a plus.
• Experience working on a FISMA project is a plus.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.