Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for leading automation and scripted testing for the software & web application projects, both new & existing, in the Health Technology Solutions organization. This position will manage all testing efforts for internal and external clients to ensure overall quality objectives are met. Candidate must have experience building and maintain a testing program while managing multiple projects and priorities. Software, data and web project experience is required with Federal/government contracts preferred.
• Analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of projects.
• Develops automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
• Schedules and conducts testing, submits testing errors and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
• Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results as needed. Write Automated tests which will become a part of the CI/CD process.
• Develop automation script based on the test case
• Prepare test cases based on the business requirements
• Prepare testing metrics for project manager focusing on reliability and quality outcomes
• Execute test cases manually when necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 8-10 years of experience in QA/Testing with at least 2 years as a QA Lead
• Experience in automated QA testing with software and web applications
• Experience testing with iterative or Agile projects
• Experience building and managing automated test suites with tools such as Katalon Studio, Selenium
• Experience working with technical management tools such as SharePoint, TFS, Jira
• Experience assessing risk for determining appropriate levels of testing
• Experience with cross browser testing
• Demonstrated skills using code repositories like GitHub.
• Experience with CI/CD with Hudson/Jenkins tools.
• Experience with JIRA for project management and defect tracking
• Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with IT issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables on time and within budget
• Experience with a variety of test tools and software testing practices, including developing, implementing, maintaining and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments.
• Experience assessing risk for determining appropriate levels of testing.
• Exposure to government contracts/projects
• Experience working within formal quality framework (CMMI, ISO) preferred
• Proven communication skills working with all levels of staff plus internal & external clients
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.