Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The purpose of Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.’s (SSS) Strategic Information Technical Support (SITES) project with USAID in Uganda is to facilitate, promote, and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s health system, with particular focus on HIV/AIDS and Family Health. SITES provides technical, management, and logistical support to achieve two broad objectives:
A. Implement and maintain a comprehensive PEPFAR program performance management and reporting system, and harmonize—and, where feasible, transition—parts of this USG-led function to national systems.
B. Support the Government of Uganda’s national monitoring and evaluation systems for Health, HIV/AIDS, and OVC programming.
One of the focus areas is to carry out detailed analyses on routine monitoring and survey data to inform stakeholders on trends in HIV/AIDS and family health indicators. Geospatial analytics are among the analytics that the project provides to its customers for evidence-based decision making and reporting. The project is seeking with immediate effect a qualified geospatial analyst to support this function on a full time basis.
The overall objective of the Geospatial Analyst is to carry out geospatial analyses on relevant data from multiple health systems databases (DHIS2, DATIM, HIBRID, OVCMIS and others), and present the products in clear and user-friendly GIS-supported formats. Information derived from the analyses will provide thought leadership and analytics to support HIV/AIDS, Health and OVC programming and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Proactively mine data and create geospatial analytical products
• Establish and implement mechanisms and workflows to maximize support to SITES teams and customers in their geospatial analysis needs
• Create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce high quality geospatial analytical products.
• Identify patterns in datasets, develop and share GIS support visualizations for decision making
• Participate in SITES data management exercises as may be required to meet SITES deliverables
• Bachelor’s Degree in study relevant to geospatial analysis.
• At least five years’ experience with large scale employers on geospatial analysis using relevant geographical information systems (GIS)
• Extensive experience using ArcGIS
• Familiarity with DHIS2 and OVCMIS
• Experience with research or working with data sets related to the delivery of HIV/AIDS, Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Communicable Diseases, Maternal and Child Health services in Uganda.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, USAID and other SITES partners
• Ability to tell the story behind raw data to non-technical audiences
• Ability to start immediately
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.