Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
USAID/SITES is seeking a qualified human epidemiologist to join its team of analysts at the earliest possible time. The position is full time and located at the project site in Kansanga, Kampala.
Review and analyze HIV and Health data to identify and document patterns for providing evidence for policy and programmatic decision-making. The task involves:
a) Mine and analyze HIV and health data from multiple datasets, including but not limited to the DHIS2, HIBRID, Surveys and other relevant data sources
b) Apply statistics and model building to identify, document and share trends and reasons behind the trends
c) Support special studies by developing and/or reviewing study protocols, establishing sampling methods and tools and providing technical assistance to study teams to conduct studies
• Develop and implement qualitative and quantitative methods and systems for acquiring, compiling, synthesizing, extracting and reporting HIV and Health information
• Design statistical analysis plans, perform and guide analysis
• Perform and provide critical analysis and thinking, advice and recommendations on issues based on accepted scientific understanding of HIV and Health contexts in Uganda and globally
• Provide statistical and epidemiological insight in the interpretation and discussion of HIV and Health data and study results
• Supervise selected studies conducted by SITES and contribute to study reports, by writing or reviewing the report in a timely manner
• Prepare technical presentations and publications to communicate analysis and study results
• Network with stakeholders to understand their analytics needs and respond accordingly.
• Work with the CE&I team as well as other units within SITES to synergize analysis and reporting
• Contribute to the technical briefs and internal SITES Think Tank to enrich technical discussions on HIV and Health issues
• Collaborate with relevant government institutions to influence policy development based on evidence.
• Contribute to capacity building of SITES staff to enhance epidemiological analysis.
• Contribute to progress reporting and related documentation to USAID.
• Masters Degree in human Epidemiology or Public Health majoring in human Epidemiology
• At least three years post Epidemiology qualification experience
• Specialized training in HIV programming.
• At least five years of experience working on Health and HIV programming in Uganda
• Experience with epidemiological research and publication
• Experience working on US Government funded interventions is added advantage.
• Availability to start work within not more than 2 months
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to balance work expectations and budget
• Experience leading teams
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment with rapid turnaround of work products
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.