Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
USAID/SITES is seeking to hire immediately a qualified Technical Specialist in the area of Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA). The position is full time and located at the project site in Kansanga, Kampala with occasional travel to the field within the project’s operating area.
Provide technical leadership for collaboration, learning and adaptation within SITES and with partners. The task involves:
a) Establish and implement a strategy, plan and methodologies for mainstreaming collaboration, learning and adaptive management within SITES and its partners
b) Build the capacity of SITES teams and implementing partners to carry out learning and execute adaptive management.
c) Assist strategic stakeholders to leverage experiential learning to systematically influence adaptive programming
• Develop and lead implementation of the SITES collaboration, learning and adaptive management component of the project
• Review and update the SITES learning agenda and its implementation
• Support USAID and PEPFAR to establish and implement their learning agendas
• Mobilize SITES teams and develop their capacity to mainstream collaboration, learning and adaptive management
• Work with SITES partners at national and regional levels to collaborate, learn and adapt learnings into routine work
• Ensure that plans, including monitoring and evaluation plans of strategic stakeholders include aspects of learning and adaptation within the guiding principles of the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
• Monitor the outcomes and impacts of learning and adaptation of the effectiveness and efficiency of project processes and results
• Coordinate the work of learning focal persons/specialists within SITES to ensure collaboration and adaptation of learnings
• Work within a matrixed team and collaborate with technical leads and CLA focal persons to implement collaboration and learning plans
• Review and provide technical quality assurance/control of materials and approaches that SITES teams use to execute collaboration, learning and adaptation activities
• Prepare relevant technical reports to contribute towards SITES reporting requirements
• Prepare periodic progress reports for sharing with SITES management and USAID
• Contribute to the technical briefs and internal SITES Think Tank to enrich technical discussions on collaboration, learning and adaptive management.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications for development or related field.
• At least seven years post-graduation experience in the relevant fields of communications for development, knowledge management and/transfer
• Availability to start work within less than 2 months
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong facilitation skills
• Strong knowledge management and transfer skills with the ability to interpret programmatic analysis into learning
• Experience with building and nurturing partnerships for collaboration
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to balance work expectations and budget
• Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
• Working knowledge of health and HIV programming is an added advantage.
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment with rapid turnaround of work products
• Experience working on US Government funded interventions is added advantage.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.