Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The Bilingual (English and Spanish) Clinical Research Assistant III has background knowledge sufficient to manage clinical site and network coordinating center support, as well as assigned business-related tasks. The individual is responsible for the day-to-day office functioning by handling a variety of general administrative duties including providing word processing, call management and summaries, project task tracking and other document support for a variety of projects.
• Provide administrative site and project staff support for both domestic and international sites and coordinating centers
• Assists with collection, development, and organization of study documents for projects. Establishes and maintains filing system for project documents, records and general correspondence. Uploads documents to portal system, if required.
• Maintains, develops and implements a tracking system for any ongoing tasks for the project team. Also responsible for maintaining sections of the project public and member website, and portal.
• Monitors central group email inboxes and disseminates information appropriately, or follows up as needed. Assists in maintaining email groups and roster information for study teams, sites, committees, and working groups.
• Prepares memoranda, tracking reports, project status reports and communications for the supported staff.
• Effectively handles multiple tasks and communications, shifting prioritization as needed in order to meet deadlines for team objectives and needs.
• Provides support to the project team by querying, facilitating, and participating in teleconference calls, prepares call announcements, summaries and ad-hoc memos/communications to address call issues and action items in a timely manner.
• Assists with resolution of internal systems audits of assigned projects. Performing regular quality assurance of project files and data.
• Initiates professional telephone or email contacts with project staff, subcontractors, and vendors. Responds promptly to telephone or email inquiries, making referrals as appropriate
• Interacts with subcontractors and vendors; reporting, tracking and documentation support; and providing project managers with information related to expenditures.
• Provide and prepare project-specific expense tracking, expense authorization support, and subcontractor and vendor reporting.
• Communicate with subcontractors and vendors on project-related activities as needed; help to resolve project-specific questions and issues.
• Performs additional duties, as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and two to four years of related experience or high school completion and four or more years of related experience
Experience in clinical trials or scientific research preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Strong and effective communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively with clinical site staff and project team members.
Must have organizational skills to manage multiple priorities.
Strong attention to detail and comfort with fast-paced environment is desirable.
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Experience within an electronic Trial Master File application, Management Information System and/or Clinical Trials Management System considered a plus.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.