Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
Social & Scientific Systems seeks a qualified Lead Data Analyst in Silver Spring, Maryland, to direct state government health care (in particular, commercial claims-focused) program and policy project.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a highly collaborative environment in a team setting, managing multiple competing tasks and assignments. The candidate must have strong analytical background with a passion to learn and implement industry leading technologies to the benefit of the project. The candidate will be responsible to manage a small matrixed team of up to six people to perform analytical and data submitter support tasks.
• Leads the Data processing and Analytics Team.
• Leads data collection management and data submitter support.
• Designs data quality reports.
• Performs systems and business analysis.
• Performs testing and quality assurance of statistical outputs.
• Provides guidance to team and serves as the analytic team representative to the client.
• Experience managing small projects including client interaction and collaboration; interpretation and refinement of requirements; task monitoring and control; verification and validation of results; and delivery and support.
• Supervise or mentor staff as needed.
• Ability to work in a team environment, following established processes.
• Interact with SQL Server development team to establish interface into the commercial claims data.
• Hands on experience in SAS applications programming, including proficiency in using the SAS DATA step and macros to perform complex file merges, create analysis variables, and generate descriptive statistics for quality control purposes.
• Experience with groupers such as DRG and ACG.
• Experience processing large health care data files such as experience with Medicare/Medicaid claims data including the confidentiality requirements of processing.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret statistical programming specifications.
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related field is a must.
• 10 or more years of SAS and related Analytic experience.
• 5 or more years of experience working with large claims data (commercial, Medicaid or Medicare).
• Able to collaborate with clients to clarify overall solutions, vision, goals and objectives.
• Clear oral and written communication skills.
• Hands-on experience in SQL Server Integration Services and Data Warehousing concepts is a plus.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.