Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and health policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
We are currently seeking a Research Assistant to serve on a multi-disciplinary team that conducts, analyzes, and reports on findings from epidemiological and clinical studies on behalf of the federal government. Our clients include major federal agencies, such as the NIH, CDC and VA. The studies that we conduct focus on associations between genetic, occupation, lifestyle, and socioeconomic factors and adverse health outcomes. Candidates with prior experience in health research or related fields, inside and out of the classroom, are encouraged to apply.
• Scheduling internal and external meetings, setting agendas, writing minutes, and documenting action items
• Collaborating with contract and project managers to develop timelines, budgets, and technical plans
• Assisting with procurement and subcontract management and oversight process, including identifying vendors, soliciting bids, drafting statements of work, purchasing supplies and reviewing invoices
• Developing and maintaining task lists within and across projects
• Assisting with the development of participant recruitment and retention strategies, including placing ads, distributing flyers, posting to social media, identifying recruitment partners
• Assisting with development and maintenance of study operation procedures and manuals and other ancillary documents
• Participating in development of participant surveys, including survey testing and administration
• Supporting the preparations of reports and presentations for internal leadership and clients
• Maintaining central study and contract files, including training records, study documents, and regulatory documents.
• Performs additional duties as required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to follow detailed work instructions
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work collaboratively
• Basic experience using MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Experience with social media development a plus
Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related skills required. Master’s degree preferred.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.