Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated staff of employee-owners in an environment that values diversity and supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
The CMS application developer within SSS’s Health Technology Solutions team will be responsible for contributing to all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). An ideal candidate will have experience in applications like Kentico, SharePoint and other .NET platform specific CMS tools. The developer will work within a small software development team through planning, implementation, testing and maintenance phases on multiple projects. The developer will work in a structured manner following Iterative and Agile SDLC processes.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The candidate must have a strong technical background and be current on modern technologies to support changing client needs.
• Develop & Maintain CMS to provide a foundation framework for customer’s web application needs.
• Perform version upgrade from Kentico 7 to Kentico 11, with refactoring of underlying custom code and UI to provide like-for-like functionality.
• Build, test and deliver high quality, moderate to complex CMS applications.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
• Design, code, unit test and document software modules utilizing source control tool(GIT) and task tracking (TFS)
• Be an effective team player willing to collaborate with business teams to drive results.
• Hands-on experience developing web applications using Kentico eCommerce platform.
• Must have experience developing custom code in .NET platform utilizing best practices and design patterns.
• Must have a good understanding of Object Oriented design, web technologies, relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server) and SQL language syntax.
• Working knowledge of .NET including C#, ASP.NET MVC, and ADO.NET/Entity Framework is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5+ years of application development experience is required.
• Minimum 3+ year proven hands on Kentico development experience is required.
• Kentico developer certification is preferred.
• Ability to gather requirements and translate to design and development tasks.
• Experience developing software using a formal and structured development methodology.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations on multiple projects.
• Exhibit clear oral and written communication skills.
• SharePoint web part configuration and development experience is a plus.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discrimated against on the basis of disability.